I have decided to participate in the Emojiathon readathon. This is a month long readathon that has different challenges that correspond with a different emoji. The goal of this readathon is to complete four reading challenges. There is a google document on the twitter page for emojiathon if you are interested in participating.
With that being said, I have 5 challenges that I want to complete (because let’s face it I’m an overachiever) and the corresponding books for these challenges.
A book gifted to you – I Let You Go by Clare Mackintosh
- This book was kindly given to me from my friend Melanie. She loved it and sent it to me.
A most anticipated book – Woman No. 17 by Edan Lepucki
- This book was my first Book of the Month Club pick and the premise is something I’m dying to read.
A book you’re annoyed that you haven’t read yet – The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
- This book has literally been everywhere and I bought it the first day it came out approximately 3 months ago. Yeah, I should of read this already.
A book without any hype – Paradise by Toni Morrison
- I have been meaning to read Toni Morrison for like forever. I thought what better way to motivate me to pick up one of her books.
A book you have been seeing everywhere – The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
- I have been meaning to pick this up because it sounded like an interesting YA series. I thought I would give the first book in the series and try and see what I think.
In addition to my emojiathon books I’d like to read, I have a few more that I would like to complete in June.
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling – This will be the last Harry Potter book that is a re-read for me. Yes, that means I have not read books 4-7 in the series ever! I’m very excited about getting through this series, FINALLY!
Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson – This is another YA book series that I have been wanting to read. The plot for this book is interesting. It’s about a princess who is betrothed to a prince in another kingdom and on the wedding day she runs off. She is then being pursued by the prince who she left at the alter and an assassin sent to kill her. You do not know which one is which. Sounds like something I can get into.
Lastly, I have two audiobooks. I like to listen to audiobooks at work so I like to keep one on the ready.
Daughter of Smoke and Bones by Laini Taylor – I honestly don’t know what this is about but I have heard good things about Laini Taylor’s writing.
My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton, and Jodi Meadows – This is suppose to be a not so true story about Lady Jane Grey the 9 day queen. I have heard it’s hilarious and sometimes my days could use a few laughs.
This is a pretty ambitious TBR (to be read) list but I think I can handle it.
Tell me what you’re reading and even if you would like to buddy read any of these books with me.