Hey y’all, I’m coming to you today with all of the books that I read in August. I’m gonna try something different this time and give you a full list of everything that I read, along with the genre/category they fall in. I will still only talk about the 5 star books that I read.
I participated in 3 readathons this month and those were the Read-a-thin, Tome Topple, and 7 in 7 Readathon. I successfully completed 2 out of the 3 readathons (Tome Topple and Read-a-thin). My wrap-up for Tome Topple and 7 in 7 can be found here.
Here is a list of all of the books that I read this month, along with the challenges that they completed for Read-a-thin, if applicable.
- Rules of Civility by Amor Towles (A book recommended by someone in the book community)
- The Long-Lost Secret Diary of the World’s Worst Pirate by Tim Collins and Illustrated by Sarah Horne (Middle Grade – Full review is can be found here.)
- We Were Liars by E. Lockhart (Young adult book – I listened to on audio)
- The Post-Birthday World by Lionel Shriver (Tome-Topple – Did a full review on Goodreads: friend me on there here)
- Percy Jackson and the Sea of Monsters (Listened to this on audio with my son.)
- Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff ( Tome-Topple and Readathin- A book with a warm color on the cover.)
- The Windfall by Disksha Basu (7 in 7 Readathon and Readathin – A 2017 book release)
- In the Deep Blue Sea by Bill Nye and Gregory Mone (7 in 7 Readathon, full review coming soon.)
- This Savage Song by V.E. Schwab (7 in 7 Readathon and Readathin – A book that starts with T,B, or R – review on Goodreads)
- Openly Straight by Bill Konigsberg (7 in 7 Readathon)
- Since You’ve Been Gone by Morgan Matson (7 in 7 Readathon and Readathin – A book that is the same color as your birthstone.)
- Ghost by Jason Reynolds (7 in 7 Readathon)
- And Still I Rise by Maya Angelou (poetry collection)
- My Toddler Life by Corine Dehghanpisheh (picture book – full review here)
- Real Friends by Shannon Hale (middle grade graphic novel and adorable)
- The Wide Window by Lemony Snicket (Book 3 in A Series of Unfortunate Events. I listened to this on audio.)
- The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet by Becky Chambers (Readathin – A new to me author.)
I read a little bit of everything this past month. All of my 5 star reads this month were middle grade. I just thoroughly enjoyed them.
In the Deep Blue Sea (Book 2 in the Jack and the Geniuses series) by Bill Nye and Gregory Mone – I won an advanced reader copy from a good reads giveaway and I was ecstatic. The first book in the series was so surprisingly good. I have a full review of the first book here. I will have a full review of this book on the release date of September 12. I loved this one just as much and appreciated all the messages that were included in the book.
Ghost by Jason Reynolds – This was my first Jason Reynolds book and I immediately added the rest of his books to my TBR. I talk about this book more in my Tome-Topple and 7 in 7 Readathon Wrap-up .
Real Friends by Shannon Hale – This is a middle grade semi-autobiographical graphic novel about Shannon Hale making friends in elementary school. It really captures how important friends are to you during this time and how fickle girls can be in friend groups at that age (and sometimes older). There is also anxiety representation and family relationships.
Well that’s everything that I read in August. I’d say that I had a good reading month and I cannot wait to see what I can do in September.
What did you read this month? What was your favorite book?