Hey y’all I’m back with Blogmas Day 3. I feel like I haven’t told y’all a lot about me, so today I want to give you 24 facts about me. I hope this post will give you some insight into me and that you will be able to understand my content a little more.
- I am 32 years old. My birthday is August 6th and I am a quintessential Leo, even with my introverted ways.
- I have an 8 (almost 9) year old son named Mayson who’s in the 3rd grade and has ADHD.
- I work as a legal assistant in a large law firm in my hometown. I love working in the legal field and hope to one day go back to school to become a lawyer.
- I live in Texas. Specifically the Dallas area. I am a Texan through and through, but I haven’t ever ridden a horse.
- I am a Christian. I accepted Jesus as my personal savior when I was tweleve and haven’t looked back. I don’t see myself better than anyone due to my being a Christian and I would never push my beliefs on anyone but if you want to talk about I am always here.
- Friends is my favorite TV show ever! I watch it constantly and I have seen every episode more times than I care to share.
- My favorite movie of all time is Grease. I watched this for the first time in the 6th grade and proceeded to watch it 8 times that weekend. I call watching Grease with me an experience and I don’t let just anyone share this experience. LOL
- I started taking dance lessons when I was 12 years old and danced all though high school and college. I also danced for a semi-pro basketball team after college for a year but then I became a mom, so I have only taught a little here and there since then.
- I am incredibly close to my family. I talk to my mom everyday. My little brother is my best friend and I talk to my dad often. My family is large because both of my parents had 8 brothers and sisters so I have a ton of aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. and we all live relatively close to each other. I love my family and they are the most important people to me in the world.
- My favorite thing to do, other than reading, is crafting. I love to paint, glue, mod podge, create. I use to sell hair bows and tutus but I got to busy wihth work. It’s my absolute favorite thing to do and my family gets together and has craft nights often.
- I learned to read at the age of 4. I was a pretty varacious reader in elementary and middle school. I didn’t read much in high school or college because of life. When I got pregnant in my early 20’s I fell back in love with reading. It has been in the last year that I discovered things like good reads and booktube and I am so glad that I did. I don’t recall ever reading so much in all my life and I am LOVING it.
- I have a very dry, sarcastic sense of humor and corny jokes are my jam. (i.e. What do you call a fake noodle? An impasta!) The true way to my heart is to have thick skin and to tell me a corny joke.
- My favorite article of clothing is black leggings (which I am wearing even as I type this post). I have been in the legal field for 4 years now and business professional is cool and all but does a skirt and blazer really compare to an oversized sweater and black leggings? I think not.
- Christmas is my favorite holiday hands down! The lights, decorations, watching my kid open presents, getting presents, Nativity scenes, Jesus’s birthday, CHRISTMAS CAROLS!! I could go on but I’ll stop there. I love lazy days at home and Christmas usually affords me several of these. I try not to stress about the holidays and never take on too much so that I can just live in the moment. Plus this is the only time of year that I bake, so year there’s that too.
- My favorite Christmas song of all time is All I Want for Christmas is You by Mariah Carey. This song will never be beat in my mind and I listen to it constantly! It is also a tradition for me and my other best friend Porshue to sing it together at over the phone while we are in the car at least once during the holidays.
- My favorite part about being a mom is watching Mayson figure out the world and form his own opinions. I like that he is questioning and curious and wants to understand how things work on his own. He knows I’m always there for advice but I tend to ask open ended questions for him to think about. This is a life skill that will help him when he is older.
- My guilty pleasure author is Jackie Collins. Fight me if you want but her books are compulsively readable and trashy as hell. I’ve read a fair share of her bibliography and I know I will read more.
- I consider cleaning a necessary evil. I hate cleaning but I do it because I also don’t like living in a pigsty. It’s tedious and I would rather be curled up in my chair with a book or out on an adventure with Mayson. Ah well.
- I started my blog on a whim because I wanted to talk about books and my close friends and family aren’t readers. I needed to get my thoughts out there for someone. Also, I had people coming up to me all the time questioning the content of books that their kids were reading and I thought hey I read a wide range anyway, let me pre-read the books and give content warnings that I would want to know as a parent.
- I went to a small college in Oklahoma. I loved basically everything about my college experience and some of my best friends live in Oklahoma.
- I am terrified of racoons. I mean they are mean and sneaky and scary with their thumbs and their aggression. Absolutely terrifing!
- I am a big mood reader. This is a large part of why my TBRs sometimes seem arbitrary. I pick up what I want to read and I read it. It may not be the most popular book or in a genre that everyone is reading but if I’m in the mood to read 7 middle grades in a month I will. If I want to read angsty YA, I will. I like that reading is a hobby for me and that I will only read things that I’m interested in.
- I really enjoy cartoons, old or new. When I watch tv, I will find myself drawn to cartoons. And this doesn’t even have anything to do with Mayson because I watch them a lot without him. LOL
- Early Maroon 5 is my favorite band ever! Songs About Jane is in my top 5 favorite albums of all time and I’ve seen them in concert somewhere between 5-7 times. I even went to one of their concerts when I was 7ish month pregnant. I LOVE their early stuff. Their newer songs don’t resignate with me much anymore but their like first 3 albums are awesome!
Well here are 24 facts about me that I hope give you an insight into who I am. I like to believe I am down to earth and very approachable. I also welcome constructive critisim and love making new friends.
What’s can you relate to about me? Let’s chat in the comments.