Hey y’all! I’m back for another post for Post A Day May. As I said in my announcement post (here), I want to read only my owned books for the month. I had a good gander at my shelves and found 8 physical books and three e-ARCs that I want to read this month. We all know my TBR is arbitrary, however I for sure will be only reading books that I own.
The e-ARCs that I want to read are (I will do full reviews for all of these):
- Furyborn by Claire Legrand (releasing on May 22)
- I’m Still Here: Black Dignity in a World Made for Whiteness by Austin Channing Brown (releasing on May 15)
- California Summer by Anita Hughes (releasing on June 19)
The physical books are(I will link the Good Reads):
- Kings of the Wyld by Nicholas Eames – I’ve talked about this before but it follows a band of has-beens who must ban together to save one of their brothers.
- Bonfire by Krysten Ritter – This is a really short thriller written by the actress who plays Jessica Jones. I don’t know a lot about the plot because I like to go into thrillers not knowing much.
- Traitor’s Blade (Greatcoats #1) by Sebastien de Castell – This the first in a fantasy quartet. I’ve heard it compared to the three musketeers and it’s suppose to be really funny.
- The Girl in the Tower (Winternight Trilogy #2) by Katherine Arden – This is the sequel to The Bear and the Nightingale and a continuation of Vasya’s story. I really enjoyed the first book in the series.
- Rainbirds by Clarissa Goenawan – This was a book of the month pick and I really don’t know what it’s about. I believe it has something to do with a girl who has lost her brother to suicide. I’m not sure but the cover is gorgeous and the story sounded interesting.
- Ancillary Justice (Imperial Radch #1) by Ann Leckie – This is book one in a sci-fi series. I have heard nothing but good things about this book and the series. I can’t wait to read this.
- Monstress Volume 1: Awakening by Marjorie M. Liu – This is a very popular graphic novel series that is about a girl who is part monster or something. The art style is something I’ll enjoy and I’ve heard mostly positive things about the plot.
- Space Opera by Catherynne M. Valente – I’m currently listening to this on audio. it’s pretty funny and it has a Monty Python-esq humor. It’s about a music competition in space where the different planets and races have to try to win in order to save their race. It’s my first time reading Valente and I’m not sure how I feel.
This is still a pretty fantasy heavy TBR, which is why I have a feeling that I will probably be swapping out some of the books for contemporaries, non-fiction, or classics. I’m somewhat of a mood reader but I like to have a stack that I’m strongly considering. Again, my TBR is a little arbitrary.
What are you planning on reading for the month of May? Are you reading any of the same books? Let’s chat in the comments.
FOLLOW ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA