Hey y’all! Yes, I am back to Day 3 of the 12 Days of Blogmas. I know it’s still early but I really think that I will be able to do all twelve days this year. The Christmas at Hogwarts Magical Readathon run by Book Roast on YouTube, I will link her announcement video. But the concept of this Harry Potter themed readathon is to follow the map doing different activities that you would do if you were staying at Hogwarts for Christmas. The readathon runs from December 17 – December 26th.
I have decided to follow the path to the right and the prompts are as follows:
Finish your coursework – Finish your current read
– For this one I will be finishing Muse of Nightmares by Laini Taylor.
Have a snowball fight with the Weasley twins – A book you think will be humorous
– I will be reading Wundersmith: The Calling of Morrigan Crow by Jessica Townsend. This is the second book in the Nevermoor series and I’m so excited to get to this book. I expect to laugh at Morrigan and Fen.
Visit 3 Broomsticks for Mulled Pixie Wine – A read that should only take a day or evening to complete
– I will be reading Fruits Baskets Vol. 1 by Natsuki Takaya. This is a manga about a girl who lives in the forest and she meets a family that turns into animals. I watched a little of the anime and enjoyed it. I know that I will be able to complete this in one day.
Attend a Yule Ball – A book you’ve been preparing yourself for
– The Gray Wolf Throne by Cinda Williams Chima. I say I have been preparing myself for this book because I needed the hardcover of this book to match my set and it literally took me months to find a hardcover edition of this book. It was the strangest thing. But I really want to get back in the world of Hans and Mariana. I’m so excited.
Bring a festive treat to Hedwig at the Owlery – A book with an animal on the cover, in the title or in the series name
– For this I’m picking Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel. As I said in my Friday Reads, I’m slowly reading this book throughout the month and with the break from work and some other factors, I’m hoping to make a lot of progress through this book.
Attend the Christmas Feast – Watch a Harry Potter Movie
– My son and I watch the movies starting Christmas Eve every year, so this is not a problem at all.
These are all of the prompts and the books I hope to complete for the Christmas at Hogwarts Magical Readathon. I have a few days off work, and I have intentionally made very few plans. I just want to hang with the kiddo and read some books.
Are you participating in the readathon? What are you planning to read? Let’s chat in the comments.
FOLLOW ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA TO SEE WHAT I’M CURRENTLY READING:
Book of the Month: https://www.mybotm.com/4f2lrch51bjfw29?show_box=true (Use link and join for $5)
Scribd: https://www.scribd.com/gie/6lag6q (Try for a free month)