Hey y’all! Today I wanted to talk about the goals that I have regarding my reading and blog goals. 2018 was a roller coaster year where I had some job changes that negatively effected my reading and blogging. Thank goodness that’s over and I can focus in on a new year.
In 2018 I managed to read 165 books and my average rating was 4.0. To me that means not only did I read a lot but I also enjoyed the majority of what I’m reading. This something that I definitely want to continue in 2019. So here are my goals for 2019
1. Read 100 books. – This is where I’m setting my Goodreads goal because it seems like an attainable number to me. If I don’t attain it, no big deal.
2. Read owned TBR. – My currently owned TBR is around 230 books. I don’t know how it happened and I have some really good books on my shelf. I want to read them, which is why I’ve decided to set quarterly TBRs that are books on my shelf that I want to read. I’m pretty sure this has been helping, but we will see.
3. Buy less books. – This is self explanatory. I would like to only purchase books that are either new releases, books that I have read, or books that I have researched. As I find what I like, I would like to curate my shelves to reflect that.
4. Read more tomes – I am defining tomes as books over 500 pages. I find that I not only like a good long epic fantasy, but I also enjoy a sprawling family saga. I want to read more them.
1. Be more consistent. – I would like to get to a point where I am posting everyday, however for the first quarter I am trying to post 5 times a week. This has involved a lot of prep work on my part and making blogging a priority as I do with reading. This is totally obtainable.
2. Do more book reviews. – At the heart of my blog, I wanted to do reviews on middle grade books that would give content warning to parents. I got away from that but I also pretty much stopped doing separate reviews. I would like to rectify that, I want my blog to be a space where you can get a book recommendation and I want my reviews to give the good, bad and ugly of the books I read.
3. Reformat blog. – This year has been very telling that I actually really love blogging. I want to reformat my website and work to get it noticed more. I can’t wait to make my blog look more professional.
These are some of my goals for 2019. I have personal goals and a few blog goals that I want to keep to myself. What are some of your reading and blogging goals? Let’s chat in the comments.
FOLLOW ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA TO SEE WHAT I’M CURRENTLY READING:
Book of the Month: https://www.mybotm.com/4f2lrch51bjfw29?show_box=true (Use link and join for $5)
Scribd: https://www.scribd.com/gie/6lag6q (Try for a free month)